I stood in front of the mirror- I looked old an tired- there was a Japanese rock ‘n roll record playin on the radio, an I said to myself, you gotta pull yourself together kid. You gotta get a grip a yourself. Who knows where this is headed? Headed, we gotta get prepared. We gotta pull some lines together. I looked away. Hey kid, you’re not listenin to me- We gotta start building some f****n bridges! F***k your bridges I heard someone say, I been painting bridges all my life, the last thing I wanna see is another goddam bridge.
Hold on, lets take a break here said the cat from the system (the system cat?) we gotta re-invent the boogaloo- how much goodwill you got in the bank? Just how much juice in the tank? This is gettin us nowhere I thought. But was nowhere better than somewhere I didn’t wanna be? f****n s***cakes.
I sat bac on the bed, head in hands, I’d travelled the world to be here! this was wreckless eric!……………. I turned over the page, an there it was………………. more words!
- Chiemi Eri – Rock around the clock
- Mickey Dread- Saturday night style
- The Slits- Newtown
- The Kinks- Milk cow blues
- Lee Scratch Perry- Train to doomsville
- Sun Ra- Angels and demons at play
- Fujiya & Miyagi- conductor 71
- The Beat- Mirror in the bathroom
- Ken Moulle Orchestra-Mae West
- Mae West- A guy what takes his time
- Wire- Three girl rhumba
- Bugger Sod- Under control
- Dawson Smith- I don’t know if I can make it
- Alabama Shakes- Boys and girls
- The Rulers- Wrong em boya
- Barney Willen- Two twenty-three
- Was not Was- Wheel me out
- Mark Stewart- Stranger than Dub
- Bill Allen- Please give me something
- The Griffen Brothers- The clock song (let your pendulum swing)
- Eddie Cochran- Let’s get together
- Acidliner- Funkhouse (cut)
- Leonard Cohen- The stories of the street.
brought to you by the slippery 1.