Slim used a coat hanger to ease the lock, Jerry was the lookout, an things were lookin real good.
She said ‘can you imagine the silence before you came’?
There were only 3 biscuits left.I felt like a jammy dodger, she said them’s the breaks!
I started out with tHe confidence
of a man who does not kNow,
I pressed the button- it said welcome-
an I was ready to go.
The building was white, Art Deco. It smelt of rose petal. Folkz stood around talkin loud an sayin nuthin’ -the drinx were free, well the exchange rate was pretty good.
I walked along a narrow corridor- a bit like the scene from ‘a lizard in a womens skin’. There was a riot goin on, but no sign of Sly.
I walked out on to the balcony- he was about to jump-an say’s that’s a pile a rubbish, so I says yeah, well that’s what we do, an he replies does anyone listen?
I said I can’t swear to it!
(An then at the click of a button-the music started………..)
1. Chester Randle’s Soul Senders-Soul Brothers Testify pt.1
2. The Shadows-Scotch On The Rocks
3. Capt Beefheart & The Magic Band-I’m Gonna Booglarize You Baby
4. Bruce Hack-Party Machine
5. Sebastian Cabot-All I Really Want To Do
6. Serge Gainsbourg-69 Annee Erotique
7. johnny Otis & His Orchestra-Jumpin’ At The Woodside
8. John Lee Hooker-Shake Holler & Run
9. Morecombe & Wise-Ton-Up Boy
10. Roy Harper-Hells Angels
11. Noel Coward-A Room With A View
12. The Jam-Going Underground
13. The Damned-Neat Neat Neat
14. King Tubby & The Aggrovators-I Trim The Barber
15. The Ethiopians-I’m Gonna Take Over Now
16. Charlie Feathers-Wild Side Of Life
18. Koko Taylor/Willie Dixon-Insane Asylum
Runnin Time- 105ish